To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes accountabilities and performance objectives for direct reports. Conducts performance evaluations, identifies training needs, initiates professional development opportunities, and recommends effective action plans. Manages performance related issues and implements corrective action as necessary.
- Provides coaching and guidance for the Foreman and Field Staff to assist in delivering projects safe, right and fast as well as resolving interpersonal and escalated issues.
- Works in conjunction with other internal teams to coordinate resources and resolve project or jobsite related issues.
- Develops mutually beneficial relationships with customers and landowners to understand expectations and resolve any issues that arise.
- Acts as a resource to assists in resolving escalated issues with inspectors and government officials.
- Ensures all equipment checklists are completed in a timely manner and submits them to the Equipment Manager.
- Coordinates repairs and preventative maintenance of assigned equipment as needed. Identifies and coordinates on-site repair days that minimize disruptions to the production schedule.
- Oversees the execution and operational efficiency of all assigned projects to ensure safe, right and fast completion:
- Establishes and prioritizes work flow in conjunction with the project schedule and direction provided by the Project Manager. Reviews the daily schedule and assists in establishing work assignments, communicates daily activities and goals to the foreman and project team.
- Regularly communicates with project foreman and visits worksites to monitor project progression and assists in resolving job related issues to keep project on schedule and in accordance with the contract. Inspects the project site to identify changes in status, quality concerns or other potential issues; coaches the team on findings and assists in developing plans to resolve findings.
- Develops a schedule for equipment and manpower needs and rental returns to assist the Asset Manager in coordinating the proper resources for each project and keep all assigned projects on schedule; monitors the daily assets schedule to ensure proper resources are scheduled for assigned projects and works to resolve any conflicts or discrepancies as necessary. Escalates any resources issues that will affect the quality and/or completion timeframe to the Project Manager for resolution.
- Ensures Project Managers are aware of material needs to meet production requirements.
- Evaluates the feasibility for requests for changes in project scope. Works in conjunction with the project manager to process and communicate approved change orders.
- Develops subcontractor schedules to meet project timelines; oversees subcontractor performance and quality to ensure standards and requirements are met.
- Monitors project budget and ensures all project costs are accurately tracked.
4.Attends pre-job and other project meetings. Appropriately documents meeting notes and action items requiring follow up.
5. Reviews safety reports and enforces company and OSHA safety policies on job sites; takes corrective action when necessary and communicates safety related issues to Safety Manager.
6. Continuously evaluates the operational talent base to determine staffing needs and identify future leaders; participates in hiring of Foreman and Operators as necessary.
- Graduate with construction management or similar educational experience preferred
- Civil, construction and concrete experience within a heavy industrial environment
- 5 years supervisory experience in heavy industrial construction
- Demonstrated ability to supervise 25 or more employees
- Demonstrated planning and scheduling experience
- Four to five years previous experience as a General Foreman or 3 Years as a Superintendent in a single discipline on an industrial construction project; Previous knowledge of man hour reports, job cost reports, workface planning and estimating is required
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise large groups