Wood is currently hiring for two Project Managers.
Project Manager responsibility includes creating delivery excellence across assigned project/portfolio, provide certainty and confidence to the customer/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost, and risk.
Specifies and coordinates the implementation and completion of a moderate sized project, portfolio of small projects, or a major component of a large project. This includes responsibility for safe delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and customer relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is adhered to and controlled.
• P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
• Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
• Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule, and quality.
• Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalization and technology use, work share and high value engineering centers, to bring value to Wood and customer
• Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
• Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the customer.
• Responsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
• Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
• Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
• Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
• Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
• Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
• Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains.
• Facilitates the setup of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
• Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
• Is a champion and role model for ethical behavior and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
• Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
• Coaches, mentors, and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
University degree in relevant discipline
Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Typically requires more than 7 years of pertinent experience including minimum 2-3 years’ experience managing projects or part of projects, mastering their area and knowledgeable about impacts on other areas.
• Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the work
• Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business issues.
• Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
• Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers, and strategies
• Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several projects.
• Knowledge of prioritizing stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans
• Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements and acceptance criteria on several occasions.
• Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment techniques.
• Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects
• Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types, and their suitability in different situations
• Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project execution plans
• Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various types of goods and services.
• In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and uses.
• Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and forecasting.
• Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and interfaces.
• In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable of managing information management project team.
• Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company, and suppliers.
• Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.