Wood is searching for a Heavy Civil Project Manager to create delivery excellence across their assigned project/portfoli and provide certainty and confidence to the customer/project sponsor, and robust control of project scope, schedule, cost and risk. This person specifies and coordinates the implementation and completion of a moderate sized project, portfolio of small projects, or a major component of a large project. This includes responsibility for safe delivery, ensuring that quality, schedule, and cost targets are met and for managing the associated risk. Responsible for delivery of project to agreed specifications, for managing change and customer relationships, and ensuring appropriate reporting and governance is adhered to and controlled.
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation parameters.
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the client. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve scope, budget specification and schedule modifications
- Establishes project procedures and prepares project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Identify, pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the client.
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into
their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Assess the scope, complexity and financial risk associated with the project and involvement in the negotiation of the terms, visibility of project in local community, and attracting the required staff based on their credibility and experience
- Passionately pursues and supports, demonstrates and embeds company values.
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical conduct.
- Teaches and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters