Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Washington State, with offices located in Seattle, Tacoma, Kirkland, and Lynnwood.
We are seeking a career-motivated engineer with at least four years of geotechnical engineering experience in transportation and other municipal projects. The ideal candidate will be eager to develop their skills in all stages of project management: marketing, proposal writing, planning field explorations, engineering analyses, scheduling, budget control, and construction management.
· Preparing scopes of work, cost estimates, and schedules.
· Overseeing field exploration programs and laboratory testing.
· Interpreting geologic, hydrogeologic, and environmental data.
· Performing geotechnical engineering analysis for infrastructure and development projects, such as foundation, retaining wall, and pavement design.
· Managing projects with principal oversight from proposal through execution to final billing.
Why Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions?
With Wood (formerly Amec Foster Wheeler), you’ll be part of a team of local consulting engineers working on projects in Washington, and you’ll be connected to our offices around the world, assisting engineers with high profile projects. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering connected excellence and being recognized for it.
Wood offers competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package, including medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K matching, educational reimbursement, and a variety of training.
· Professional Engineer with license or ability to become licensed in the State of Washington.
· Four or more years of practical experience in geotechnical engineering.
· Technical proficiency in geotechnical investigations, laboratory testing, geotechnical engineering analyses, and earthwork construction for infrastructure projects.
· Strong writing/communication skills.
· Project management experience: working directly with clients; developing scopes of work; estimating, tracking, and controlling budgets; maintaining schedules; coordinating with other project team members; and assuring quality.
· Interested in business development: meeting with potential clients; writing proposals; maintaining client relationships.
· BS degree in geotechnical engineering, Master’s preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.