Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Environmental Engineering Department Manager that will be accountable for providing leadership, guidance and operational oversight to Civil Engineering Service line which includes: Water/ Environmental, Civil / Stormwater, CADD / Construction Support.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization. At the same time, each office team takes pride in maintaining a small family like environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, comprised of knowledgeable and skilled Engineers, Environmental Technicians & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, and Data Visualization Specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the Industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we’d love to hear from you!
Wood has a flexible working model at which this position can be remotely based/work from home or in an office within the New England area: Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island!!!
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Service Line in alignment with the operational success to include; operational goals, strategies, policies and initiatives while driving accountability and collaboration.
- Lead the Service Line in sales/profit, being externally/client focused, meeting or exceeding budgeted metrics, and resource management, while also ensuring the highest possible standards of integrity, safety, quality and operational excellence.
- Provide guidance and direction to maximize margins on proposal bids through strategic scoping, high technical scoring, and maximizing rates (multipliers) and other mark-ups on commercial aspects
- Develop and manage proposal efforts, business strategies, and lead in contract negotiations including but not limited to terms & conditions, scope, and budget
- Provide leadership and mentorship to staff; ensure ongoing performance feedback, support development and growth, address performance and behavioral issues as necessary
- Responsible for driving accountability in quality standards; utilize tools, training, and challenge team for excellence in quality of work product
- Ensure Project Managers within given Service Line are supported, held accountable and successfully maintain PM status as outlined by Internal PM Program standards
- Create a ‘team’ and collaborative culture through demonstrating open communication, developing trust, and recognizing staff and providing ongoing construction feedback
- Maintain high-value relationships with clients in the market; demonstrate excellence in client service/experience
- Oversee day to day workload management (manage utilization and non-chargeable time) of all staff within the Team
- Work effectively with project managers, key technical specialists, and the marketing team as a key leader to deliver quality projects to our clients
- Lead select projects within his/her technical area of expertise
- Actively contribute to driving success of the Operation - support Operations Management in areas such as;
- Business planning
- Staff remuneration
- Month end financial close
- Growing the business
- Collaborate with other Service Lines, Operations, and Corporate Leadership to grow market share across targeted clients
- Drive a healthy cash collection culture to support a positive cash position
- Work with the Operations Manager to roll out and deliver key corporate messaging
- Manage recruitment needs and demonstrate strategic thinking for staffing; actively participate in recruiting and onboarding efforts for your discipline
- Partner with internal support functions and resources such as Finance, A/P, HSE, and P&O to ensure compliance and efficiencies
- Continually network with leadership in the Group Chief Technical Leads and Sector Program to support Technical Assurance and business development
- Actively promote an integrated team approach with other discipline leads and staff to facilitate effective communication and resource sharing across service lines and regions
- Timesheet review and approvals (or delegated to other senior members or Team Leads)
- Engage in public outreach, marketing and client communication.
- Promote Wood’s strong Health and Safety culture
- Lead by example with integrity