Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our dynamic team in Abingdon, VA supporting projects and marketing new clients in our construction engineering inspection services group.
- Some aspects of project management for projects of broad scope and impact, including compliance with company policies, definition of scope of work, establishment of budgets and schedules, control of project costs, compliance with schedule, timely payment for the work, and assurance of overall client satisfaction
- Engineering calculations
- Ensures project quality control activities are in place and adhered to
- Develops proposals reports in accordance with company policy
- Provides leadership to project field team; maintains a positive environment and high morale
- Acts as primary interface with clients for assigned projects; communicates with clients on an ongoing basis; responds effectively to meets clients' needs
- Reports, managing a document control system, tallying monthly project data, aiding accounting with creation of invoices, aiding Project Managers with putting together proposals and reports requiring advance MS Word proficiency
- Track and calculate various project financial statistics
- Process project documentation/records
- Track project deliverables and timeliness
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as an Administrative Assistant in Loving, NM. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- To ensure all necessary supporting documentation is in place and complies with the requirements of Wood as well as client project objectives.
- Day to day management of the system to ensure data is up to date and that it is an accurate depiction of the current status of the project.
- Responsible for issuing weekly progress reports.
- Other duties as may be assigned or requested.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Junior Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Wichita, KS.
Are you a Civil or Agricultural Engineer with 0 – 4 years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, and stormwater systems
- Assist in analysis and design studies and produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
- Will supervise technicians as needed
Wood is currently recruiting for an Electrical and Instrument Designer with experience in industrial manufacturing. As the Electrical and Instrument Designer you will be responsible for design work supporting small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant’s capital project’s group.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Meet or exceed the company’s safety standards
- Comply with all company procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand P&ID’s and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Provide electrical and instrumentation design support to capital and service projects in a fast paced environment
- Design of MV and LV electrical systems, including both power, control and instrumentation wiring
- Application of company and industry standards to generate instrument and electrical construction packages
- Design of instrumentation and control systems and associated wiring, panels, etc.
- Independently develop detailed wiring diagrams, instrument/lighting/grounding plan drawings, electrical schematics, cable tray/conduit sizing, cable selection, PLC panel sizing
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Assist with material take-offs and construction estimating
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a career opportunity for a Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Laramie, Wyoming. This individual will be responsible for technical execution of projects as well the support of business development in relevant service lines.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Work on complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of field work in support of the hydrologic and hydraulic assessments and in the development of models
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models
- Prepare construction documents, design and technical reports, subject to review by senior personnel and the Project Manager
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Potable Water Supply
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing. Will prepare and perform client presentations
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Wood Automation and Controls is currently recruiting for Electrical Control Engineers to join our team in Chesterton, IN. This position will report to the appropriate manager at this location.
We are looking for Electrical Control Engineers that must be able to perform the design of control systems, from start to finish, as well as the engineering and field start up for the “System Integration in the Electrical Controls” Industry for manufacturing. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are absolutely necessary. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with solid experience as a systems integrator, who is looking for career growth with a major organization.
- Performing Design of Automation control systems, requirements which will include:
- Review specifications and standard practices.
- Establishing non-standard designs as required.
- Follow internal and customer standards as required
- Create system map layouts, sequence of operations, drawing packages, PLC logic, and HMI screens.
- Specify Panel and field material by creating Electrical Bill of Material’s (EBM’s)
- Field duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting in installation oversight
- Start-up and Debug at customers facilities
- Launch and Standby support
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Scientist in our South Florida region to assist in the Environmental Department in our Miami office.
Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm comprised of over 60,000 team members located in every corner of the globe. Our South Florida region has nearly 55 employees in offices in Naples, West Palm Beach and Miami.
Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy and mining sectors.
The responsibilities for this position include evaluation and testing related to potentially contaminated sites and performing Phase I and Phase II site assessments field activities. The candidate must have a good understanding of monitoring and sampling SOP protocols and be familiar with field related procedures and environmental regulations.
Wood is currently seeking a planner/scheduler. The planner/scheduler will lead project planning efforts and prepare detailed schedules for proposed or active projects and, at times, support multiple projects. The planner/scheduler will report directly to the Project Controls Manager or designee of an assigned project. This position requires the applicant to be capable of carrying out duties at the project site, the regional offices, as well as temporary assignments, if necessary, at corporate offices.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the principle planner/scheduler for assigned projects
- Lead and document planning session to capture project specific data and basis for the execution plan
- Requires exceptional knowledge of Primavera P6 Enterprise (cloud environment) and Microsoft Office software
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the development and maintenance of project planning documents including; WBS structure development, pre/post bid planning, logic links, constraints, resource identification and loading, progress tracking, earned value reporting, float management, etc.
- Lead schedule update meetings, as required
- Ensure the timely status and updating of project schedules for owner, project management team, subcontractors and craft superintendents
- Ensure timely preparation of miscellaneous weekly and monthly charts, reports, graphs and short interval schedules in accordance with all internal and contractual requirements
- Work extensively with subcontractors and partners, ensuring schedule requirement compliance, accurate and timely updates, slippage recovery, etc.
- Verbal and written interface with project management, to ensure controls are in place to assist staff and project team members
- Must be able to work effectively / present information in both one-on-one and in collaborative group environments
- Additional responsibilities will be defined in the relevant process procedures
- Track and/or verify discipline progress using earned value methods.
- Report cost and forecast data, directly or through subordinates
- Learn and use possible customer project controls systems
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Contract Assistant in Midland, TX. Wood offers heath benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Support upstream engineers maintaining an accurate materials
- Forecast Support RFQ development and evaluation negotiations, supplier selection and award recommendations.
- Work directly with distributors and third party facilities to maintain accurate inventory
- Steward return, repairs and/or replacement of material into inventory.
- Ensure material movements are recorded timely in the inventory management system.
- Will require some travel to field / yard locations for materials management.
- Work with Procurement’s Inventory Management group to resolve physical inventory discrepancies.
- Support Procurement Organization in development and implementation of commodity specific strategic and commercial guidance..
- Supplier relationship management.
- Support and monitor logistics vendor relationships
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking Archaeological Field Technicians to join our team in Columbia, SC to support our Cultural Resources group. Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor of Arts (or Science) degree in archaeology, anthropology, or a related field and a minimum of one year of CRM fieldwork experience.
- Identify cultural material in the field and laboratory.
- Conduct archaeological field work, including survey, shovel testing, and excavation.
- Take comprehensive notes and complete archaeological forms.
- Able to navigate along a transect line using a compass.
- Physically capable of performing 8 hours physical labor outdoors in all weather conditions, including digging, walking long distances, and carrying equipment on time sensitive projects.
- Work independently and as part of a team to achieve project goals.
- Travel/field work usually in Southeast U.S.
The Phoenix, AZ office of Wood has an immediate opening for a Water / Wastewater Process Engineer to serve as a key team member of its Water / Wastewater Design Center. We are seeking a professional with good enthusiasm, strong communication and technical skills.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We strive to provide the atmosphere that allow individuals to grow their career, including technical diversity of clients and projects. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Primary focus of the position will be to execute and lead the design and implementation of water and wastewater treatment systems for the mining industry, other industrial settings such as in the food and beverage industry, and municipal projects. This includes developing mass balances and performing calculations; selecting materials and equipment; completing equipment layouts; producing procurement specifications and process drawings; performing quality checks; and completing bid evaluations.
- Analyze data including water quality, technology evaluations, and plant operations information
- Coordinate process engineering activities with project management and other project team members
- Research and perform conceptual designs and feasibility evaluations of various water and wastewater treatment alternatives
- Perform process troubleshooting and optimization, pilot testing, bench scale testing and lab analysis of conventional and advanced water treatment technologies
- Coordinate engineering design with site and construction personnel, and with equipment suppliers as required
- The position may include occasional travel to project sites and meetings with clients, contractors and vendors
- Plan, coordinate and conduct effective technical presentations and customer meetings
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Manager / Supervisor with experience for a geotechnical/construction project.
Will be responsible for the supervision of the construction of a cut-off wall in the St. Louis, Missouri area. Two to three staff will be on-site supervising the construction work which will continue 24 hours/day, 5 days/week. Shift work of either two, 12-hour shifts, or three, 8-hour shifts.
Project is anticipated to begin in April 2020 and continue through September 2021.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Staff Engineer or Scientist to work with our stormwater and surface water consulting team in San Diego, CA.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our environmental consulting business and possess knowledge and technical skills in storm water management, drainage engineering and design development, water quality resources, water quality modeling, environmental permitting, and municipal, commercial and industrial NPDES compliance.
- Consulting for municipal, commercial, and industrial NPDES compliance projects
- Reports to Senior Program Managers and works directly with project managers
- Travel to project(s), as needed, for the execution of project goals
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an Environmental Scientist Internship opportunity with our San Diego, CA team. This on-call position has a flexible work schedule. Hours will vary depending on project needs.
- Assisting with project-related tasks in the office and field
- Office tasks may include research, reviewing laboratory analytical reports, and updating data tables
- Field tasks may include storm water, soil, and groundwater sample collection, data logging and contractor oversight
Wood’s Puget Sound / Seattle team is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer with an interest in Bridge Engineering and opportunities for career growth.
We’re expanding and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. We have a talented staff and work in a collaborative environment. Good opportunity to work on some of most exciting projects in Washington and to mentor talented young engineers. Our team focuses on teamwork, quality, and excellent client service. Our atmosphere is supportive and flexible. We work hard, but are a lot fun. Becoming involved in business development is a possibility for the right candidate, but we want someone who still wants to work on projects and design bridges. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth.
- Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develops plan sets and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of engineers and technicians
- Assists in training staff from other disciplines on Microstation, Inroads and WSDOT standards
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Transportation/Roadway Engineer with our Puget Sound / Seattle team.
Are you a Transportation/Roadway Engineer who enjoys the challenge of working with a collaborative team on interesting transportation projects? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We’d love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, is seeking challenging work and the opportunity to make a difference.
- Independently performs detailed roadway design for urban and rural roadway projects
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for roadway design and will oversee and direct the work of technicians and other engineers
- Coordinates the various disciplines of roadway projects, including survey, structures drainage, environmental and utilities
- Will work on large projects as well as DOT and City or County transportation projects
- May design roundabouts and intersections
- Develops plan sets, specifications, cost estimates, and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
- Assists in training junior staff
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our team in Traverse City, MI.
Are you a Geologist or Hydrogeologist with 10 to 15 years environmental/consulting experience that enjoys technical challenges as well as client, agency and public interaction? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are seeking for a Mid-Level Geologist or Hydrogeologist to join our Traverse City, MI team and are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. This position requires an individual with effective communication skills as significant client, agency, public and team interactions are expected.
- Manages the development of work scope, schedule, and budget definition for proposals
- Directs the execution of work, including subcontractor procurement
- Assists the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Prepare reports, work plans, health and safety plans, and quality control plans under the supervision of senior staff
- Performs data quality assurance review of field and laboratory work product to determine whether data quality objectives have been met
- Direct multi-media sampling, including soil, groundwater, vapor, indoor air, asbestos, and other regulated materials
- Assists the Project Manager on technical assignments and management of specific elements of the project in the field as well as in the office (i.e., task management)
- Evaluates compliance of subcontractor work against technical specifications and scopes of work
- Demonstrates competency in a combination of areas including field supervision, technical knowledge and task management
- Conducts moderately complex scientific assessment and analysis
- Prepares or assists in preparing remedial investigation reports, remedial/corrective action plans, remedial designs, due diligence reports, and related documents; Includes work summaries, data summaries, data synthesis (e.g., conceptual site models), engineering calculations, summary tables, figures, engineering drawings and specifications, and report text
- Assists Project Manager with cost and schedule control
- Reviews payment applications, requests for information, change order requests and other subcontractor submittals
- Demonstrates and maintains competency in a diverse set of local, state, and federal environmental regulations
- Motivates, trains, and mentors subordinate staff assigned to his/her tasks or projects
- The position may entail approximately 90% office work and 10% field work on a variety of projects, primarily for industrial and commercial clients
WPI is currently seeking a Senior Accountant reporting to the Manager of Project Accounting. This position will provide technical support to the Director of Finance and Project Accounting Manager and Operations across the company. Position requires an experienced hands-on accountant that is willing to participate in the creation and management of a solid financial foundation for a growing company. This is a remote position, however, will require periodic travel to office located in various WPI locations.
Remote (Eastern time zone preferred), with occasional travel to a Wood office location
Wood Programs Inc. (WPI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wood plc, a multinational, engineering, construction, and project management company. WPI was established to pursue design, engineering, construction and operations and maintenance opportunities with the US Federal government, to include those with classified requirements. Our parent company is focused on several key market areas including the US Federal Government, oil and gas, minerals and metals industries, as well as the clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. With a work force of over 60,000 talented professionals in offices in over 60 countries worldwide, Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets.
Overall responsibility for assisting with the implementation of financial policies, processes, and internal control for the Company. These policies and processes will reflect the policies of Wood and this position is responsible for ensuring WPI is compliant with all parent policies/processes as appropriate.
- Responsible for assisting with the monitoring and improving efficiency of the accounting function, including seeking out more training on and usage of additional modules of the accounting software (BST)
- Work closely with Director of Finance and Accounting Project Manager to supervise and perform all accounting and financial functions
- Assist with timeliness and accuracy of the monthly and year end accounting close processes
- Assist with quality control of system financial reports, create off line ad hoc management reports as required, and provide solid monthly commentary of business results to senior leadership
- Assist with review of monthly statements and analyze variances to forecasts and budgets and take appropriate action if needed
- Perform monthly billing process in accordance with contract requirements
- Preform timely and accurate preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly journal entry preparation
- Responsible for processing vendor payments and expense reports reimbursement
- Assist with local business tax reporting and preparation of quarterly tax allocation packages and annual tax package preparation under the direction of the North American Tax Group
- Assist with the training of staff on the project accounting system; this includes development of company specific training documentations, presentations, and conducting training for new and continuing staff on timesheets, expense reports, project set ups and reports. Also responsible for training project managers on project set up procedures, purchase requisitions, and reporting on the system
- Maintain routine communication with project managers and Org Managers regarding project accounting function, including monthly and annual accounting schedules and deadlines
- Actively liaise with the parent company Accounting, Finance, and Contracts department
- Provide strong assistance during inquiries and audits involving contract close-outs, DCAA/DCMA inquiries, internal audits, etc.
- Respond to financial and general task order inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing and interpreting data
- Conduct activities for Company purchase order process
- Interfaces with Parent Company HR person; responsible for supervising new hire on-boarding process
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Geotechnical and Materials Engineer to work within our Geotechnical department executing of a wide range of projects related to nuclear, energy, transportation, industrial/commercial, and government sectors. Position would include leadership of geotechnical and materials engineering staff, laboratory management and laboratory testing, technical execution of projects, (>$250k) related to dams, nuclear plants, transportation structures, commercial development, and government services. Role would be based in our Atlanta, Georgia office.
The successful candidate should be flexible in assignments, willing to travel periodically, and eager to learn. Technical services work areas include:
- Leadership of projects, and staff, including laboratories, with a focus on concrete, aggregate, and soils
- Coordination with clients to define work programs and budgets, including project execution, general oversight and planning, and project coordination
- Develop and enhance key client relationships and would serve as a primary company and contact on projects
- Responsibility for certain aspects of a project including execution, safety, scope development, staff management, and quality control
- Coordinate work efforts and provide review of work performed
- Manage and deliver quality projects safely, on-time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the client
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an entry level Technical Professional with a scientific background to support our growing environmental assessment and remediation practice in the North Florida Region. Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm comprised of approximately 60,000 employees located in every corner of the globe. Our North Florida region has nearly 200 employees with offices in Tallahassee, Gainesville, Pensacola and Jacksonville. This position will be staffed in the Tallahassee office.
- This position will support the project geologist, environmental scientist or engineer on a variety of assessment and remediation field tasks
- Installing and logging soil borings, collection of soil, groundwater, vapor, sediment and surface water samples, and assisting with the completion of aquifer testing
- Operation of construction equipment for installation of soil and groundwater remediation systems and excavation of contaminated soil
- Troubleshooting and maintaining of remediation equipment for compliance with performance specifications and collection of data from soil and groundwater remediation systems
- Perform other field related activities as assigned by the Project Manager
- Approximately 55% overnight travel