Wood has an opportunity available for a strong senior Project Engineer. This mission-critical role will require an individual with 15-20 years of EPC Heavy Industrial Construction experience in the field, working on large EPC and/or Heavy Industrial Construction Projects ($150 M or larger). He/she will have solid project execution and planning/scheduling experience. This position will be located on our project site in Louisiana, for a 6 month plus, field assignment.
If you thrive in a dynamic environment, and are interested in joining a global organization, positioned for growth and keen to see you grow your career, this is the role for you.
- Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities; this Includes personnel planning, administration work assignments, wage increases/promotions, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Insure project engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule
- Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc.
- Develop implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents
- Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings
- Interface all on-site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction
- Additional responsibilities are defined in the relevant process procedure
- Candidate must be willing to travel to job site locations
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Construction Inspection Technicians for seasonal work in the Louisville area.
The ideal candidate for this position is self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to work independently. Strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical. Proven technical writing skills and experience in roadway and bridge construction inspection and materials testing.
- Perform inspection and testing of all work performed on construction projects
- Routine documentation of all field activities and testing
Wood's Knoxville team is growing and we have opportunities for a Construction Special Inspector to perform construction inspections and materials testing for commercial, industrial, education, healthcare and transportation projects. We have opportunities for experienced inspectors with ICC, ACI, PCI, CWI, TNDOT and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction inspection or testing experience looking to start a career.
- Under general supervision, perform field inspections, observations and/or testing of construction activities to ensure compliance with project plans, approved shop/working drawings, project documents and specifications in accordance with established procedures
- Read and interpret construction documents including, but not limited to, drawings, specifications, standards, codes and shopping drawings
- Prepare and submit accurate, legible, comprehensive and complete inspection reports and/or testing records on a daily basis in accordance with established quality procedurhttps://woodplc.icims.com/icims2/servlet/icims2?module=AppProfileEdit&action=switchEditTab&hashed=264876505&type=next#!es
- Perform analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Supervisor
- Document, track and communicate of construction non-conformance
- Under general supervision and direction, interact with clients and other site personnel provide input on appropriate resolution of issues and findings
- Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers
- Assist more senior inspectors on large, complex projects
- Perform field testing and sampling of construction materials and completed work using standard methods established by AASHTO, ASTM, TNDOT or other agency with appropriate, properly calibrated testing equipment
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects; Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work; Report any safety issues or concerns to management
En Wood nos encontramos en la búsqueda de un Ingeniero Senior de Procesos. Las principales funciones son las siguientes:
- Brindar asistencia técnica para el desarrollo de documentación de Procesos: diagramas de flujo, balances de masa, cálculos, filosofía de operación, P&ID, etc
- Revisar y gestionar toda la información relevante a la disciplina
- Apoyar a las diferentes áreas en la absolución de consultas para el desarrollo de la ingeniería en la disciplina correspondiente
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Piping Design Engineer to join our pharmaceutical group in Philadelphia, PA.
- Assist process engineers with initial to final design solutions for biotech and pharmaceutical plant design projects
- Layout and coordination of process and utility equipment for sanitary/hygienic process systems and supporting utility systems conforming to cGMP requirements, as well as local codes, standards and regulation
- Generation of project documentation and deliverables including; equipment layouts, piping plans, orthographic drawings, isometrics, piping specifications, and details conforming to industry and project standards
- Participate in field surveys to perform system walk downs, take dimensions, and create field sketches
- Some supervision of other designers and drafters assigned to a project
Wood, a global EPC company with over 60,000 employees world-wide, seeks a Lean – Six Sigma Certified Mechanical Field Construction Manager to oversee the daily management of all assigned capital construction field execution. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management of the contractor project execution, to deliver best value to our customer.
This is a great long term opportunity to oversee and develop lean construction techniques and abilities for for a large manufacturing facility with a history of over 40 years of production. The role will support a major client and include upgrades, new additions, and changing out equipment, etc. This is a great opportunity to have challenging projects and implement lean construction in the SW Georgia area.
- Provide and develop Lean Six Sigma certification and construction capability within other construction managers, client project managers and subcontractors
- Manage, monitor and control assigned capital projects as outlined in the agreements of the project execution plan to meet client requirements; follow current procurement, cost control Flow Charts.
- Manage and execute capital projects
- Provide input to RFQ packages including risk management, cost, constructability, schedule, logistics and qualified bidders.
- Be an active part of the sourcing team to evaluate best value contracting methods.
- Participate in Pre-Bids, Bid Clarifications and project meetings to provide consistent field execution among all contractors.
- Provide daily audits of site capital work; document variances and follow-up until acceptable.
- Provide input to project estimates and assist with the leg work on larger estimates.
- Verify change orders to acceptable cost, proper scope, schedule impacts, and per contractual documents.
- Verify daily reports, time sheets and materials on all T&M projects per P&G auditing requirements. Approved materials to leave site via Material Pass Out form.
- Manage the subcontractor field supervisors and coordinate the work between all Construction Managers.
- Coordinate with teams to ensure the electrical installation quality controls reference (current NEC, NEIS, and P&G Albany, GA Plant Standards, CBAs, & Specifications).
- Work with designated teams and systems to enter change orders and cost events.
Wood is currently seeking a Wind Tower Construction QA/QC Coordinator. The role is being physically present at the construction site to perform the three phases of control and prepare documentation for each definable feature of work in their area of responsibility. This position will initially be based in Tucker, GA for 2-3 weeks of orientation, then assigned to projects as needed.
- Follow and enforce company safety and quality policies and procedures
- Review installation and testing procedures to ensure all work performed is completed in accordance with manufactures quality standards
- Conduct installation progress inspections and final inspections of wind turbines and components to ensure conformity with manufactures manual and quality standards
- Develop clear and detailed audit reports based on on-site audits and present them to management
- Document all non-conformities that arise through the site audits conducted
- Responsible to verify job specific documentation such as checklist are being completed accurately
- Manage punch list completion
- Verify Tool Quality Control
- Assist with special projects and other duties as assigned
Wood seeks a Civil Superintendent for our Process and Energy business. The successful candidate will be responsible for the planning, coordinating and controlling the day-to-day field operations to achieve the scheduled progress of the work in the assigned areas and for the assigned crafts and subcontractors.
- Interprets client plans and specifications; becomes familiar with project and local labor agreements.
- Reviews and becomes familiar with the schedule of the work. Plans and tracks work to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Communicates any deviations and accounts for them properly.
- Becomes familiar with the site safety plan and project safety requirements. Ensures all activities are done safely.
- Reviews and becomes familiar with the site quality plan and project quality requirements.
- Ensures that assigned personnel do not make changes or alterations to the work without proper written instruction.
- Manages and controls rental equipment use, and ensures proper care of the company tools and equipment.
- Ensures through field presence and observation that the work is being completed in accord with plans and specifications; documents all daily activity.
- May lead a group of subordinate superintendents.
- Advises management of any issues that arise (ie. employee relations, safety and quality).
- Writes progress reports to be submitted to the client and company management.
- Understands union jurisdiction issues and prevents grievances.
- Performs the duties and responsibilities of Construction Manager when requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Demonstrate leadership, lead by example, motivate workers and communicate with workers, subordinates, project managers and clients
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wood Zero Injury principles
- Supervise a minimum of one to two Foremen, Leadmen and up to 30 or more employees
- Considerable knowledge of all construction tools, machinery methods and procedures
- Must be able to forecast and monitor costs of project and manpower.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within timeline
- Computer experience with Microsoft office, E-mail and Internet preferred
Wood is searching for a Rotating Equipment Specialist Technician to join our international team with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work is offshore Israel on a 28/28 rotation. This is a one year renewable contract.
An offshore based Technician - Rotating Equipment Specialist reporting to the Maintenance Team Foreman. Responsible for providing technical expertise and practical hands-on support to the asset for the operation, integrity, maintenance activities and fault diagnosis on key Rotating Equipment. Responsible for ensuring that standards are maintained, whilst also optimizing maintenance and limiting downtime. Work Orders are raised to address defects and assist the asset in meeting its Operational Excellence targets.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
- Responsible for diagnosis of operational deviations.
- Responsible for ensuring Spotlight is working as per design and alert and alarm levels are set appropriately.
- Responsible for leading diagnosis and rectification of faults on rotating equipment packages.
- Responsible for delivering allocated planned and breakdown maintenance activities.
- Responsible for interfacing with contracted vendors to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Responsible for supporting and mentoring trainee system owners and trainee system experts.
- Accountable for ensuring equipment is correctly and clearly tagged.
- Responsible for ensuring the equipment and skid is kept clean any leaks or step changes in noise, temperatures, pressures, flows, or vibration levels are reported, work orders raised and corrective actions progressed.
- Responsible for ensuring package instrumentation is in good working order and any defects are reported, work orders raised and corrective actions progressed.
- Responsible for ensuring that any package pipe work, small bore tubing and flexible hose defects are reported, work orders raised and corrective actions progressed.
- Accountable for ensuring the rotating equipment and package auxiliary systems are operating within the OEM operating limits.
- Accountable for the identification and investigation of alerts generated from the package online condition and performance monitoring tool.
- Responsible for the routine collection of data and completion of CMMS scheduled maintenance activities.
- Responsible for assisting the conditioning monitoring vendor with the collection of routine vibration data.
- Responsible for the monitoring of vibration data from vibration data collectors. Training will be given on the vibration data collector unit.
- Accountable for ensuring that post maintenance commissioning activities are carried and the equipment is handed back to operations in a satisfactory condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that routine lubrication oil top-ups are logged and samples are collected and submitted to the appropriate onshore laboratory.
- Accountable for the management of all package special tools ensuring the equipment is certified, stock numbered and in re-usable storage/transportation boxes.
- Responsible for the management of all offshore held package spares ensuring suitable stock level are stock proposed and maintained.
- Accountable for ensuring that all package defects have clear and concise work orders raised and scheduled in accordance with their CMMS criticality.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Truck Driver for a 4 to 5-month assignment at the Central Treatment Plant project in Kellogg, Idaho. We are seeking candidates local to the Kellogg, Idaho area.
- Maintain truck and do daily inspections
- Keep and record a daily log of activities and truck condition
- Operate water truck in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, company policies and procedures
- Able to help out with other positions as needed (laborer, etc.)
- Take part and participate in our safety program
- Keep onsite mechanic up to date on needed repairs of equipment
WOOD is currently seeking a Wind - Field Project Engineer for our Wind Energy Project Group to be assigned to field project sites. Current need is in Hermiston, OR. The ideal candidate will be an entry level to junior candidate with 1-2 years of Wind Project experience. The responsibilities of a field engineer will require work within a safety-sensitive heavy construction environment. Field engineering personnel will be required to take on the personal responsibility to conduct their daily activities safely, and comply with all Federal, Local, and Project-Specific safety regulations. Field engineering personnel will be utilized for different responsibilities on a daily basis, throughout a project, and on a company-wide level.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities to include, but not limited to;
- Track and record daily production and man hours of subcontractors/workforce
- Provide a daily report to owner detailing site activities performed
- Provide a weekly report detailing project progression and updates to owner/client
- Provide a monthly report detailing project progression and updates to owner/client
- Compile and submit permit application packages and permit closeout packages
- Coordinate with engineering team, site team, subcontractors, and owner for RFI’s and submittals
- Perform QA/QC inspections for civil work, foundations, electrical work, wind turbines, etc.
- Participate in daily POD meetings held with client and workforce
- Take site photos of work performed and equipment delivered prior to and subsequent to installation
- Coordinate with site superintendents and site manager to perform weekly schedule update
- Provide site team with most up to date drawing sets and ensure site team and subcontractors receive revisions as they are issued by engineering
- Prepare scope of work and request quotes for project services.
- Support in preparation of notices of potential impact
- Support in preparation of nonconformance reports
- Prepare and issue transmittals
- Perform punchwalks with the client and prepare punchlists
- Collect backup documentations for all incoming and outgoing change orders
- Review and understand contract and subcontract documentation
- Prepare meeting minutes for all external meetings and as needed for internal meetings
- Prepare and update action item and engineering need lists weekly
- Prepare and submit invoice packages to client on a monthly basis
- Populate and update project cost data on a monthly basis including but not limited to cost to date, committed cost, and estimate at completion
- Support estimating activities with:
- Schedule creation
- Assembly of procurement packages
- Preparation of execution plans
- Prepare and submit change orders to owner/subcontractors
- Prepare and submit substantial completion packages to client.
- Prepare and submit final acceptance packages to client.
- Support in completion of Job Turnover Books.
- Track bills of delivery as equipment and material is delivered
- preparation and tracking of submittals, reports, RFI’s, and other documentation to ensure compliance with codes, standards, and designs
Wood is currently seeking a Electrical Superintendent, WIND Construction to plan and supervise Assistant Superintendents and/or craft activities for our WIND construction projects. This person will be based (for 8-12 months) at one of our WIND construction project sites in the Great Plains and Pacific Northwest US.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors
- Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.)
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented
- Maintain liaison with other departments (i.e., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Delegate responsibility and assure its proper completion
- Additional responsibilities are defined in the relevant process procedure
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking General Construction Laborers for a 4 to 5-month assignment at the Central Treatment Plant project in Kellogg, Idaho. We are seeking candidates local to the Kellogg, Idaho area but may consider candidates outside the local area, if needed.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at construction sites
- May operate hand tools and power tools of various types with supervision
- Laying down geosynthetics
- Refueling equipment
- General cleaning of office space and equipment
- Certain other manual labor such as shoveling
- Operate equipment such as forklift, loader, dozer, or excavator
- Drive articulated truck or water truck on site
- May clean and prepare sites and operate small equipment such as skid steer loader, forklift or small excavator, dig trenches, install fencing, work near slurry trench, move hoses, operate pumps, set braces to support the sides of excavations, and clean up rubble, debris and other waste materials
General Role Requirements
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Control pedestrian and/or motor traffic passing near, in, or around work zones
- Check grade with supervision
- Clean or prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials
- Spot for truck drivers
- Move construction materials to locations where they are needed
- Measure, mark, or record locations or distances
- Mark reference labels or points on construction materials
- Load trucks or other earth-moving tasks.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes
- Compact materials to create level bases
- Mix ingredients
- Tend pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment
- Erect or dismantle shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, scaffolding, or other temporary structures
- Assemble temporary equipment or structures
- Dismantle equipment or temporary structures
- Provide assistance to craft workers as needed
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces such as metal or concrete using abrasive tools or machines
Wood is searching for a Site Timekeeper for a future opportunity with experience in the oil and gas industry handling timekeeping payroll duties.
Work schedule of 6 days on x 1 day off while working 30 minutes from Williston, ND.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Review timesheets and timecards for completeness and accuracy
- Compute total payroll hours worked by employee(s), inout data into database and route timesheet to Payroll Department (apply Per Diem if applicable).
- Handle all administrative duties at site to include but not limited to: Answering phones, direct calls, assist superintendent, etc.
Wood is currently seeking a Health, Safety, Security, & Environmental (HSSE) Coordinator. The position of HSSE Coordinator reports directly to the Project Safety Manager, and indirectly to the Director of HSSE for the Wood Power & Process group. The position calls for candidates with passion and drive. This is an entry to mid-level role that requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the health and wellbeing of others in our industry. The ideal candidate will have education, training, and experience in the fields of occupational safety and health and construction commensurate with the desired position. This includes experience with HSSE programs and concepts, training, injury care, program implementation, auditing, employee and supervisor engagement, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
Key Aims & Objectives
- Positively influence the Project by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Support the Project’s HSSE initiatives and programs
- Provide technical guidance to the assigned Project
- Review existing policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement
- Assist in the development of new HSSE policies and procedures to meet Project and overall Wood needs
- Implement HSSE management systems that support the Project needs - These can include site-specific plans and programs
- Utilize Wood audit protocols
- Participate in incident investigation and root cause analysis processes, and prepare required report(s)
- Regularly communicate the status of the Project’s HSSE culture and performance with Project Management
- Assist supervision and employees in the planning, recognition, evaluation, and mediation of risk for the Project
- Provide oversight for contractors and subcontractors as necessary to ensure compliance with Wood policy and procedure
- Assure compliance with all applicable legislative, client, and Wood requirements for the Project
- Facilitate and/or conduct HSSE training for the project as needed, and assure training is tracked internally as required
- Communicate effectively and regularly with Wood employees, supervision, and management
- Implement the Wood Drug & Alcohol Program at the project level
- Provide injury management and care for employees, and provide timely and accurate reporting
- Compile and share safety lessons learned across Wood
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical/Piping Commissioning Technician with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry.
The position is located in Carlsbad, New Mexico.
“Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required”
- Walking down systems using P&ID’s, Piping Isometrics, and PFD’s for guidance
- Write quality punch lists with accurate descriptions that will assist with location
- Perform maintenance and repair work as instructed with limited supervision
- Ensure equipment is fit for purpose and is tested in accordance with standards and procedures
- Remove flanges, pipe work, etc. as needed for testing
- Acceptance of Mechanically Complete Sub system packages from Construction
- Punch List management and responsibility of offered Sub systems / Systems
- Possess adequate knowledge of Production and Utility Systems
- Follow and complete proper flushing procedures
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or requested
Wood is searching for a Site Material Controller with experience in the oil and gas industry with material handling control experience.
Work schedule of 6 days on x 1 day off working 30 minutes from Williston, ND .
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Emphasis on inventory accuracy within the storage areas
- Responsible for receiving customers and our Materials and ensuring proper documentation is received with materials.
- Coordinates with Quality Assurance regarding materials that are non-conforming.
- Responsible for performing inspections of materials in regard to proper stacking, loading, and move tag accuracy and per specifications to match delivery receipts
- Maintains good housekeeping in working
- Other duties as assigned.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an experinced Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in West Palm Beach, Florida and participate on a wide variety of geotechnical-related projects. Types of projects will generally include roadways, bridges, commercial structures and industrial structures. Projects are primarily located within Southeast Florida however there is potential for projects throughout the southeastern United States. Candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
- Support the office’s Geotechnical and Construction Services Practices areas working under the direction of one or more Project Managers / Principal Engineers within the office
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis and provide technical support with supervision including onsite direction of geotechnical drilling activities
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications and reports including day-to-day correspondence
- Perform geotechnical analysis based on site conditions and requirements to support project designs
- Act as a data-gatherer, prepare maps and charts, and run various computer programs and spreadsheets
- Perform field construction and foundation inspection services
- Review and interpret data and test results
- Prepare field reports and internal / external correspondence
- Perform field construction monitoring
- Experienced and able to supervise subcontractors and / or company employees
- Follow company safety standards, and site / project safety standards
- Contact vendor and research literature and regulatory requirements
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations, coordinate geometry, and perform minimal design work, preliminary analysis and boring layout
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid-Level CAD Technician/Designer to become an integral member of our team in our Tampa, Florida office. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm and is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors.
- Assist engineers and geologists by preparing computer-generated working drawings that are project specific
- Successful candidates must be able to multi-task projects and drawings, being able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Provide technical drafting support, plot data from direction, and compile engineering data from drawings or field notes
- Create as-built or revised designs from existing drawings as requested
- Must be able to regularly perform arithmetic computations using specified formulas
- Solve problems of a routine nature with ample precedent or clearly defined procedures
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Mid-Level Civil and Water Resources Engineer with experience in water resources, and civil design to support a rapidly-growing Civil / Water Resources Engineering team. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in engineering design as well as drawing preparation and assembly in the AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation platforms.
The ideal candidate will be an integral part of Wood’s Columbia, SC Civil / Water Resources Engineering team with an opportunity to work on a variety of important projects that are positively impacting the environment while supporting our clients’ business objectives. The candidate will work with and be mentored by our water resources and civil design professionals while supporting projects across the Carolinas and the Southeast. Engineering efforts will include preparing design calculations, developing computer models (WaterCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-Geo-RAS, Storm CAD, SWMM and FLO-2D), quantity take offs, cost estimates, plans & specifications, report preparation and writing. Additionally, candidate will work closely in a multi-disciplinary team environment to develop Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Applications.
Familiarity with State and local drainage design standards, policies and procedures and a good working knowledge of Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), USACE, and SCDHEC Guidelines and Specifications is a plus.
- Independently perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems
- Perform field investigations and GIS data processing to obtain data necessary for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies and watershed/stormwater master planning
- Prepare project reports
- Work with a team of water resources engineers and GIS specialists
- Supervise technicians as necessary
- Support stream restoration and other water resources design projects
- Some travel/field work may be required
- Support Gas & Electric Transmission Line Section 404/401 and NPDES Permit Submittals